Sunday, 13 April 2008

The rollercoaster continues!

Wow, I've just been looking back at my posts from the last month or so... How do you guys put up with me? You deserve a pat on the back for still reading and Grant deserves a big shiny gold medal for not slipping me sleeping pills. One minute I'm jumping for joy and the next I'm a soggy puddle on the floor. The sad thing is I've been holding back! I've been holding LOTS in, this blog is just skimming the top. I don't even think you can begin to imagine the things running through my head on a nano-secondly basis. Acutally I know for sure that Dianne and Danielle can sympathize. Their brains work like mine!

I had an "AH-HA" moment today. On my way into work I realized that it is April 13 and that by May 13 I will have held my daughter. Let's just take a minute to process that.




Acutally I think it's only me that needs to process it. Y'all have been telling me all along that it's happening and she's coming. Silly me with my head up my arse is just realizing that good things really do happen and we are going to be parents. (You'd think seeing our names on her birth certificate would have helped me out. But Noo-ooo-ooo Little Miss Denial does things in her own time.

OK folks, I finally really truly get it. In mere days I will be holding and kissing and parenting my daughter. I am feeling the need to wash baby clothes, boil nipples, and pack a suitcase!!!
Sofia, Mummas comin'!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Good!!! I'm glad to hear that things are finally sinking into that melon of yours and you are finally realizing that YOU WILL BE MEETING SOFIA SOON!! Boil the nipples, dust off those suit cases and pack those bags...

YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO ETHIOPIA!!! :-)

Dianne said...

lol... yes, I'd say you've been holding back. I've been so impressed with how controlled your posts have been... now I know the truth! Then again, I totally get not wanting to spill out *quite* everything via blog.

yes, good things do happen, and believe me, I'll be avidly blog-stalking when I'm awaiting your first "we're home with Sofia" post... and I expect it will be in the very near future!

eeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

The Turgeon Expansion said...

We get medals? YAY for us!!! Let me know if you need my mailing address, LOL!! I think you always sound so positive on your blog, and now the cat's out of the bag on the real truth!! Can't wait for the gotcha days reveal!

Rhonda

Dibber said...

Anyone know where to get some good sleeping pills? Nice idea!