Saturday, 5 April 2008

GRRREAT!

So, yesterday as I was hitting the 'post' button on my "GRRR" post,  I looked out the window to see my friend Maritza truck pull up.  She unload her 4 girls and a couple bags of groceries.  She had come to make us dinner!  I was instructed to just "sit" although that's hard for me to do I did try my best.

All of us went upstairs and playing in Sofias room for a while.  It's pretty fun in there!  The babies had fun playing peek-a-boo with the mosquito net that hangs over the crib.  The older girls had fun playing in the hanging chair.  After a bit we came downstairs and the babies showed me all the things about our house that need to be baby-proofed.  Apparently loose change, power tools, and anything on a coffee table are bad for toddlers.  Now that my main floor has been emergency baby-proofed it will be easy for me to find homes for all the 'NO' things.  

Grant was happy to see all the girls here when he came home.  He made up a new game that involved the babies laying on a pilates ball and him spinning them around.  Nobody got hurt or threw up and the babies giggled like crazy so I guess it's a good game.

Martiza calls the babies "LenaBel" if she needs both of them to come, I think when Sofia is home and we need all three of them to come it will be "SoLenaBel".  I can already tell that the three of them are going to be mischievous!  Sofia is 8 months younger than the girls so we expect them to get along quite well.  

Thanks Maritza! You make great Thai food, my kitchen and living room look great too!

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Glad your Grrr became Grrreat!

I have yet to find out about my employer's parental leave benefits... should be interesting.

Hope you're feeling better soon! I've had the whole "I can't seem to move much today" thing... it's not fun! Good thing you have a Maritza in your life!

Maritza said...

Hey...what are friends for if not to do laundry, dishes, and cook for you...