Saturday, 26 April 2008

You asked!

There have been more than a few people who've been bugging me about posting pictures (you know who you are) so this post's for you!  

It's been a busy busy week in the Dybdal house.  My wonderful Mom was here cleaning, baby proofing, and playing Tetris.  Thanks Grandma!!  I had a surprise baby shower on Wednesday night and another at work on Friday.  Thanks to Martiza and Regina the masterminds behind Wednesday night.  (Once someone emails me pictures from the party I'll post them too)  Thanks so much to everyone that came.  I can't wait until Sofias "Please to Meat 'Cha" BBQ in June when you can all see Baby Girl.

Okay, okay enough text already, here we go with the pictures.  Let's start with pictures of Sofias room.
Looking into her bedroom from the doorway.  The blackout blind will be installed this weekend. (Right Grant?)
Inside her crib.  I think I'm going to have to kick all the stuffies out so that Sofia can sleep!
Her rocking chair, ride along, cabbage patch crew, and new teddy from FarMor & Grandpa Chris.  Two of the cabbage patch kids were mine.  I can't wait to see my daughter playing with them. (yes, my head is spinning with the thought of that!)  The ride along was a consignment store find and has been a huge hit with the babies!  So I'm sure Sofia will LOVE it.  Again, all the dolls will have to move so that we can rock Sofia to sleep.
 The swinging chair.  This has also been a big hit with the babies and the older girls too, so I know that Sofia will love it.  It's pretty fun, my Mom bought it at IKEA last spring around the time that we started the adoption.  They are rated to hold up to 100kg!  I'm not kidding, both Grant and I have been in it.  For an adult it's squishy but for kids it's fun.  A swing in her room, no our girl isn't spoiled! HAHA
Clothes, clothes, and more clothes!  Most of them are hand-me downs from the babies and a little girl across the street.  We aren't sure how many of them will actually fit, some look like they'll be too small.  I hope she likes trying on clothes!  
The only shelf in her room so far.  Some of my old stuffies mixed with some of her new ones as well as her name and a wooden worm from Uncle James and Aunty Kiki.
Some of Sofias new clothes from the shower.  Oh my gosh, fashion diva!
Her very own football jersey! from Martizas Mom Irma who's from Peru.  It's Grants second favourite present.  
Toys and books.  My co-worker Janice made that quilt for Sofia.  Grant's favourite present is in this picture, the percussion set.  He said "That's the best!  Bet not many parents are happy that their kid is given a tambourine!"  Not surprisingly it was from Grants friends (well they are my friends too but you know what I mean)  Also the little dog in the stroller is another one of my talented Moms creations!  She also made dogs for my nieces and nephews, pretty neat eh?
Sleepers and onsies.  All of them are coming to Ethiopia with us.  I think I'll keep it simple while we are there and then when we come home, the fashion show begins!
All the pretty dresses!  and one cute rain suit.  My girl is going to wear a lot of dresses and when she's too tall to wear them we'll add jean or tights beneath them and they'll be shirts!
This is a really fun bib that my friend Nikki got for Sofia. 
The ears are removable and it's a washcloth!  Great idea, eh?

3 comments:

sandi said...

WOWOWOWW!!!

You guys scored!

Love all the dresses, can't wait for some of those in my house!!

I can't wait to see Sofia in those!!!

Sandi

Danielle said...

YAAYYY!!!! Thanks for finally posting those pictures!!! Sofia's room looks super cozy and you totally scored on those gifts and clothes for Sofia! Judging by the above post I see that you got the Mei Tai in the mail? Its pretty pink, eh? I hope its not too tacky for you. LOL!

The Turgeon Expansion said...

Looks awesome!! Room looks so cute and you totally rocked on the shower :)

Rhonda