Tuesday, 29 April 2008

Happy Shiny People!

At 0700 this morning I started my vacation and next Wednesday I will start my parental leave.  The hospital gave me a good send off last night in the form of a challenging drunk trauma patient!  I was sad to leave work last night, I will really miss my job and all the people that I work with.  However, I am really looking forward to my new job of being a Mum.  How could you look at that face and not be excited!!  In 8 more sleeps I will be seeing those smiling eyes in person.  Jeepers creepers, I am so stoked I feel like I could fly there myself!
Look at that big girl standing up all by herself!  The update we got today says that she has two teeth and is about 20lbs.  Oh, and she eats macaroni, instant noodles, fruit, lentils, soup, and cereal!  I guess I need to start with sweet veggies when we get home if she's already used to fruit.  I was planning on holding off on the fruit until veggies were established.  I've heard other families say that they have trouble getting their kids to eat meat, that's fine with me if she likes lentils I'm not so big on meat anyway.

The update also told me the names of two of her friends that she like to play with.  The one little girl is being picked up next week too and lives in Vancouver so hopefully they'll see each other as they grow up!

Well I'm off to get my passport and a high chair for Miss Fia! Have a great day!

9 comments:

Danielle said...

As you know I totally LOVE that first picture! She just looks so happy and sweet! 8 MORE SLEEPS UNTIL YOU MEET HER IN PERSON!!!

Is Eight Enough? said...

She is GORGEOUS!! Love those eyes!! Not long now. How I wish I were flying over with you lucky mums!!

Ricki said...

Awww, what a doll!!!! Looks like you should have lots of fun with that hair too!!
Ricki

Dianne said...

Oooooooh... soooo sweet!!!

emily said...

I'm so glad you finally got an update!!! I love her hair, it's gorgeous. I can't believe you will be with her so soon....

Barb said...

OMG - you are almost leaving.... Wow! Only a few more sleeps until you will hear your beautiful girl's voice for the first time...amazing what a little patience can do!

Have a wonderful trip! Can't wait to see and read all about it when you get home!

Barb

Anonymous said...

She is so cute - it's so exciting to think you will be there soon!!!

The Warren Family said...

What a sweet little girl. How long will you guys be gone for??

sandi said...

Oh, she is sooo gorgeous... LOVE the hair... and those eyes!!!

I can't believe you are going so soon!!! WOOHOOOO!

If you think of it, you could bring back a referral for me ;)

Can't wait to see pictures of your cutie IN YOUR ARMS... where she belongs!
Sandi