*Wednesday the diplomatic pouch leaves Nairobi headed for Addis. The pouch is filled with medical requests, visas, and maybe some other stuff too
*Friday the pouch arrives in Addis and should be opened. A representative from the Transition House (where Sofia lives) goes to the embassy and picks up all the 'mail'. They communicate with our agency in Ontario who then calls us.
*The embassy in Addis work short days on Friday and sometimes don't have time to open the pouch and so that takes us to Monday and a loooong wait over the weekend.
I was told by our agency worker yesterday that she will call and wake us up with the news when it comes. This means that Grant and I freak out anytime the phone rings before 8am in our house. So please if you are reading this Do Not Call Us before 8am. :)
2 comments:
Wahahahaha... I have your number...
(but I'm not that mean :)
Hi!
I stole your idea and explained this on my blog too in case people were wondering "Why friday?" Hope you don't mind!!
So happy that you are travelling soon!! How exciting!
Isabelle
Post a Comment