Tuesday, 8 April 2008

The hardest wait?

I think so.  So far this has been the hardest wait for me.  I just feel so on edge.  Our life is going to be completely turned upside down in the next '?' weeks.  HAHA, it seems almost comical if you think about it.  At some point in the next few weeks our phone is going to ring or we're are going to get an email and the message is going to be "Congratulations you can fly half way around the world and start parenting your one year old daughter"  Overwhelmed much?  

I'm not whining or complaining,  I'm just stating that this would but much easier on my brain and digestive tract if they just said "It will take us 5 weeks to process your paperwork" not "It could take us 3 to 10 weeks to process your paperwork" ... that's all.  I just need someone at the Nairobi High Commission to have a more positive and definitive outlook on their turn around time.  

Grant and I have decided the day that we'd like to leave.  Our house sitter, dog walker, cat petter Grandpops extraordinaire is on standby to fly 5,000km west to hold down the fort for us.  I have given my notice at work.  There is so much to do and yet I don't know what needs to get done....  I know some of you must have felt this way.  

This last wait seems to be the hardest.  It's definitely the scariest!  The CIC website is supposedly updated once a week on Mondays, her file still says "In Process" so I'll wait until next Monday and check again.  Please keep your thoughts with Sofia, keep your fingers crossed that she is happy and healthy.  "We're coming little one! We're coming!"

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Little Sofia is doing fantastic and she is most definitely happy and healthy and patiently waiting for you!!! COME ON NAIROBI!! Get that website updated so you can go and meet her!!!

The Turgeon Expansion said...

Hoping your traveling soon!! Love that pic of Sofia and Zia!

Rhonda

Proudmama said...

I agree, C'mon Nairobi!!!! I agree that the last part of the wait was the hardest for us as well... waiting week to week wondering if it would be THAT friday that would be the one which we would receive the call that would forever change our lives. Hang in there, we're thinking of ya and hoping for good news for you very soon!
Courtney

The Warren Family said...

I can only imagine what you guys must be feeling. Hang in there!