Well, everyday this long weekend brought something new and that's all that a girl can hope for! I feel refreshed and ready for another week! (and one day closer to our baby girl)
Monday, 24 March 2008
Long Weekend!
A long weekend means lots of photo ops. I got a frantic call on Saturday night from my friend Maritza who had 15 loads of laundry that she needed folded. 4 kids + 2 adults + no laundry for 2 weeks = fun for me!! I like folding laundry (too much time working in retail as a teen) so I'm her go-to-gal!
The pile was as huge! I tried to sit on the couch for the picture but I couldn't so I kinda perched on the laundry. I think Maritza managed to find a little space so that gives you a good idea how big it really was. We folded it in record time and then sat back had a drink and some munchies. All in all a pretty sweet way to spend a Saturday night!!
Sunday night the strangest thing happened. It snowed!! I know this sounds boring to those of you living east of here but it's pretty strange. The weather was horrible yesterday we had hail, sideways rain, sun, and snow. It seemed to alternate every 15 minutes.
I think March is going out like a lion! I had to go outside and see first hand this white lovely-ness falling from the sky. Although I love the ocean I think I am still an easterner at heart. Sometimes I think I should've headed east instead of west when I decided to leave London. However ... that leads me Monday
and GOLFING!!! I don't imagine people on PEI can play a round on March 24. I can't think of a better way to spend an afternoon. Grant and I split a large bucket of balls at the driving range before we hit the links. Normally I don't have much patience for the driving range but today I was on fire! For some reason not swinging a club in a few months did me good.
My course of choice is a little par 3 up the road from our house. The worst part about it is that you have to tee off from mats. I had such a good game today that I'm eager to back out and swinging again. I think this time I might even let Grant talk me into a real course!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You got SNOW!!! I'm glad. You have been bragging far too long while we've been buried in it out here!!!
Oh, and great blog by the way. Whoever made you a new banner kicks some serious butt. :-)
Looks like a fun long weekend!
The picture with the laundry is too funny (hehe)
I also like the blog makeover!
Post a Comment