Monday, 10 March 2008

Knees

Our baby girl is 10 months old today! Oh, happy day little one. Papa and I were talking today and we are wondering what you knees look like.... Papas are scarred and a little skinny. Mummas are big and bruised. I imagine that our future with you will include lots of skinned knees and bandaids! I promise to kiss your knees better and cuddle you close.  I also imagine a future with you wading in the ocean up to our knees.  The ocean has lots of treasures waiting to be seen knee deep; crabs, shells, bullhead fish.  We'll spend hours exploring ...
Head and shoulders, knees and toes (knees and toes)
Head and shoulders, knees and toes (knees and toes) 
Eyes and ears and mouth and nose
Head and shoulders, knees and toes! (knees and toes)
Tete, epaules, genoux et pieds
Tete, epaules, genoux et pieds
J'ai un nes, deux yeux
Deux oreilles et une bouche
Tete, epaules, genoux et pieds!

I've always preferred the french version of this song. I'll teach you both! Papa and I have lots of fun things to teach you.  We can't wait to have you here with us. Love you little girl! xoxo

8 comments:

Danielle said...

Happy 10 month birthday baby Fia! :-)

Anonymous said...

10 months, wow, I hope she's in your arms soon!

Rhonda

shaunak said...

You need to order "Whose Knees Are These?" by Jabari Asim. It is a very cute board book about brown knees...
"So brown and so strong, to whom do these fine kness belong? I've searched the world and seven seas. Never have I seen such charming knees."

Anonymous said...

Happy 10 month birtday Fia. We look forward to walking the beaches with you and your mom and dad and Qimik and playing in the ocean

Sebrina Wilson said...

Happy 10 month birthday Sofia!!!!

The Turgeon Expansion said...

Okay, I tagged you! Check out my blog for more info!

Rhonda

The Warren Family said...

What a nice post.
Seeing your husband's knees reminds me of the cankle post. How is his cankle doing??
I am tagging you as well and requesting an update on the cankle (-:

Rebecca :-) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.