I am trying really hard not to keep track of numbers right now, but we are one week in on her immigration process and 6 days post court date. I'm still celebrating! Every time I keep thinking about how quickly we might be meeting Sofia I get light headed. There is SO much to do! If every thing goes smoothly we are about 10 weeks away from hold our little girl forever! This means Santa, the tooth fairy, and the Easter bunny have all just become my reality. Oh, that reminds me of a story about my Dad ... I have to go to work now but I'll tell you the story later.
******************************************
Ok, I'm back (afternoon coffee break at work). So when I was a youngster and losing teeth I hated to wiggle them so they almost never fell out on their own. I'm pretty sure that this used to irritate my parents! On Christmas eve my father tied some dental floss around my top front tooth and tied it to a door. He let my brother slam the door while I stood there and screamed. (or at least that's how I remember it) Then he called the toothfairy to see if she was 'working' on Christmas eve. He was worried that the toothfairy and Santa would bump into each other in my room and give each other a fright! He actually spoke to her! I'm serious. It was the coolest....
Santa also brought me birthday balloons. Because my birthday is on Christmas day not only did I wake up to a stocking and some presents under the tree but he would also fill my room with balloons. Now that I'm too old for Santa to visit (and live to far away from him) Grant gets me balloons instead!
Santa also brought me birthday balloons. Because my birthday is on Christmas day not only did I wake up to a stocking and some presents under the tree but he would also fill my room with balloons. Now that I'm too old for Santa to visit (and live to far away from him) Grant gets me balloons instead!
So, as you might be able to guess today I'm pretty jazzed up about being a parent!
3 comments:
Alicia I still have the phone number. Ask nicely and as one parent too another parent I will give it to you. Dad
On eof the things I enjoy most about being a parent is sharing the traditions I had as a child with my child. It sounds like you will have some fun ones to share...
Do you know that Santa now has e-mail? He even writes back to you - it is on the Canada Post website. Molly had discovered that the tooth fairy seems to bring a lot more money when she loses a tooth at her grandparents and she now tries to pull out her teeth every time she is there. It sounds like Sofia has some fun grandparents, as well.
I may steal the balloon trick, as Molly's birthday is the 22nd of Decmeber.
If I remember correctly, slamming the door didn't pull your tooth out. Ben gave it a good yank and there it was dangeling from the end of the dental floss. I still remember the look on your faces when you and your brother figured dad was talking to the tooth fairy. PRICELESS
Very much a fond memore
Post a Comment