Monday, 3 March 2008

1st Monday in March

For those of you that read this who live inside the crazy world of adoption you realize the importance of Mondays.  Mondays seem to be information-getting-days.  At least towards the end of the process anyway.  Still I've been seeing my life by Mondays & Fridays lately.  Every Friday I pat myself on the back for having made it through another week.  Every Monday I pep myself up so I can successfully make it through another week. LOL  Weekends seem like they are "free" since there is no chance of any information coming in.  I seem to breathe easier, not flinch every time the phone rings, and not check my email every 20 minutes.  

So it seems my prediction about our court date being in February was wrong.  Grant has predicted that it is coming this month.  Remember our timeline was 2-3 months and this week marks 2 months.  I spoke with a contact at IA (formerly KidsLink) and was told that although she had no information for us, other families waiting for court dates would be getting good news soon.  So even though it doesn't sound like we will be getting good news, it does seem that our file is moving closer to the front of the line... Every little step counts!

I thought that today we could use a picture.  This weekend Grant felt like shopping and he couldn't pass up on this gigantic ball!  Every time I see it I smile because it is just so oddly large.  I was trying to figure out how I could show you in a picture just exactly how large it is... This was the best I could come up with.

Our dog is very tall, when he sits up properly his head is at the same height as the door knob. I hope this picture makes you smile!  Qimik was a bit stunned this morning when I was taking the picture.  I woke him up to get him to pose with the ball ... poor boy...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well at least you didn't dress Qim up in a crazy outfit to have his picture taken!! I love your dog. He is such a gentle animal and will be happy to take him for a walk or two next month.
love you

Anonymous said...

funny that is how qim looks at me all the time

emily said...

I hope you get a court date this month too!!! I think March is going to be a good month for both of us!
Or at least it better be.

em