Monday, 17 March 2008

Adoption Day Celebrations

I'm still reeling from the news we received on Friday.  Grant and I are Sofias parents!  It hasn't been an easy road but it hasn't been that bad either.  The good parts are more good than the bad parts are bad.  I guess that's all you can hope for in anything you do!

I'm a celebrator.  I celebrate every thing, basically I'm always looking for an excuse to go out for dinner or ice cream.  So on Friday when we got "the" phone call I knew that I had to celebrate with an Ethiopia feast for lunch!  There is a really cool place just outside to downtown.  It's a remodeled house and it has 3 take out restaurants and a coffee place.  Mom, we are going there in April (after car seat shopping!) 

Grant and I were out for most of the day and when we came home we were greeted with balloons!! "It's a Girl" WooHoo what fun!  I wanted to leave them there so the whole world would know! (or at least our little dead end street.)  Thanks Maritza and Morgan!  

It was a great day of celebration!

I've been checking the CIC website for a couple of weeks now to see if there has been any change in Sofias immigration file.  Today it says that Sofia Grant Dybdals file is in process!  It has been in process since March 12.  This is SO good.  From my calculations the soonest we could bring her home is 10 weeks (the longest could be 6 months).  Please keep your fingers crossed that all the right papers are where they are supposed to be when they are supposed to be there.  We could have our baby girl home around her first birthday!

6 comments:

Danielle said...

WOOHOOO!!! Congrats again! Glad to see you had a great celebration!!

The Turgeon Expansion said...

Looks like you had a great celebration party!! Hoping the rest of the process is super speedy :)

Rhonda

Isabelle Boudreau said...

Congrats to you!! Our Court date was yesterday and our file was logged on the CIC website on the same day as yours!!
Isabelle Boudreau
www.ourethiopianadoptionstory.blogspot.com

shaunak said...

There is a great car seat at Costco for $129!!!

Lisa said...

Still so happy for you guys!! And I am especially happy that KL has now started the immigration process BEFORE the court date! Our file was not logged until 5 months AFTER our court date! 5 MONTHS!! CRAZY!!! I am so happy for you guys!!!

sandi said...

Congrats again! So excited for you guys!!!!

Sandi