Saturday, 29 March 2008

I have words again

For the last few days I have been dumbstruck, I have never had such a hard time with vocabulary in all my days!  Today though, I feel that my head has stopped spinning and my feet are again touching the ground.  I'm still in shock that we are probably traveling in 5.5 weeks but I've learned to work with it for now...

Grants favourite activity on Wednesday night was to have me read to him from this blog.  Only one paragraph in particular. ahem " [Grant's] been working so hard these past few weeks to get the house ready for Sofia.  He's determined that the time is going to sneak up on us. His optimism is my favourite thing about him and probably his strength I lean on the most." The last line is my favourite " Sometimes his positive attitude gets under my skin a bit but it's all good. "

Grant takes everything in stride, sometimes I find it annoying that he doesn't get visibly excited.  On Wednesday when I got home from work he ran out to the front porch to greet me and he was jumping up and down. FINALLY I got to see some emotion from him!!  He keeps telling me that he'll be excited when he can get on a plane, I'm the opposite that's when I get serious.  I'll bet you a dime to a donut that Grant cries when we meet Sofia and I don't.  Although now that he's read this he'll see it as a challenge and he won't.  Never mind, strike the previous comment. :)

So the To-Do list keeps getting longer, mostly because I spend too much time on the computer and not enough time crossing things off the list!  Ok, I should go, but here's another picture of Uncle Grant with little Beckett.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was me above. Sorry about that! I just wrote that I'm thrilled for you — 5.5 weeks is so soon! Yay!

Dianne said...

Glad you found your words!

I totally relate about the "visibly excited" thing. I frequently get driven nuts by Chris who is always cool as a cucumber. But then the other day he informed me that he would probably get emotional when we finally meet our child... and I think I'll be to overwhelmed with the surrealness of it all to feel/show much more than... "wow".

A toast to our calm spouses! I don't know what I'd do if Chris was as emotional as I am!

sandi said...

I'll be waiting for that email :)

Also, SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!

WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

Sandi

Lisa said...

Uuuuuuum.... hubby is a HOT-TY!!! How about THAT word? I may be having a Grant week on my blog!! Holy Moly!!!