Friday, 14 March 2008

And at last ...

... Sofia is officially ours!!!!!!!!!!!
Isn't she beautiful?!!!

We got a call from the agency at 0730 this morning.  "Hello mommy" Oh, it was SO COOL!
Today is a good day!! I can hear my Mom singing "Celebrate Good Times Come ON" all the way out here!
You can be sure that there are happy dances going on in our house this morning!

17 comments:

Proudmama said...

ALICIA!!!! WOO HOO!!! CONGRATS!!!!! I'm thrilled for you and welcome to official motherhood (although I know that you were a mom the moment you laid eyes on your baby girl! She's beautiful! Now c'mon medical and travel! :) What are you going to do to celebrate tonite?

Courtney

The Turgeon Expansion said...

YAY!!!!!! I'm so happy for you guys! She's a doll!!! Wishing the next couple months fly by for you!!!

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAY!!! So happy for you!!! That call was so amazing! I will never forget it! ANd yes...that Sophia of yours is a doll!! Those eyes...awwww!! Congrats!! Go celebrate!!

Danielle said...

ALICIA OMG!!!! I am THRILLED for you!! This is WONDERFUL news!!!

Dianne said...

WAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOO! That's so fantastic! Congratulations, mommy and daddy!

Sofia is beautiful!

I am so, so, SO happy for you!

emily said...

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is amazing. What a great way to wake up this morning! Congratulations. I am so happy for you. I'll try calling you this week-end. Wow, just last night I was like "okay, i really hope she gets a court date by the end of the month." And now you are officially her mom!

Lisa said...

WOOOO HOOOO!!!!! WHAT A GREAT DAY!!!! CONGRATS MOMMY, DADDY AND SOFIA!!

sandi said...

I actually cried a little when I saw her picture! I'm so very happy for you guys!!!

Congrats and enjoy this moment!!!

Sandi

Sebrina Wilson said...

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is so lovely!!!!!!!!!!!

Mamato2 said...

Adorable!! Congratulations!

shaunak said...

Congratulations!!

Hmmm...I bet I can guess what you want for Mother's Day!!

Great news,
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

What a great call I got at work today. Good thing I wasn't holding anything pointy or sharp!!! How did you know I was singing our song. We will have to teach Sofia our dance! She'll think that she has one crazy grandma.
I can hardly wait to see her and hold her

Is Eight Enough? said...

What a beautiful little face!! Happy Day for you!!

Justine

Dion McGrath said...

Congratualtions Mummy and Daddy!!!!

That is soooooo awesome. I have tears in my eyes.

She is beautiful! Dad's going to have his work cut out for him in the years ahead! Her eyes are amazing!

Barb

Ricki said...

Oh my goodness Alicia, sh's is SOOOOO adorably. What gorgeous eyes she has!!!
Congrats on becoming her "legal" parents!!! What a relief that must be and so exciting too!
Fingers crossed now for aspeedy travel date!
Ricki

The Warren Family said...

WOW, how exciting. Congrats! Cant wait to continue following your story!!

Danielle said...

Oh I just had to come back and leave another comment because I'm still so excited for you guys and Sofia!!!!! Can't wait to hear the news that the Medical is in Ethiopia!!!!