Sunday, 21 December 2008

Referral-versary & Winter Solstice

One year ago today at 1615 PT we got the news that a Miss Sofia was waiting for us in Ethiopia.  This was the first image that we saw of our Nigist.
Fast forward 12 months, a court date, some immigration documents, and a trip half way around the world and this is a picture of our Nigist today.  I am more in love with her than I could've imagined possible last year.  Every day I am happy and thankful to be her mother.  


Grant, a couple kids, and a couple dogs mid snowball fight

Our street came out to play today, there was 4 kids, 5 dogs, and 13 grown ups.  We helped each other shovel, threw snowballs, built snowmen, pulled the littlest kids on the sled up and down the road, and went tobogganing on the little hill at the end of the road.  It was a lot of fun and everyone had a great time.  Sofia was yelling "wwwweeeee" and "woo hoo" as she was being pulled back and forth on her sled.  I love the street and our neighbours, it was such a great way to celebrate the first day of winter.
Sofia and Morgan

4 comments:

Dianne said...

Happy referral-iversary!! What an amazing year this has been!

Anonymous said...

Finally some pictures of all that snow! So glad you finally had some time to update. Looks like you have as much as we have-crazy this year. Wow and what a year it has been. I can't get over how grown up Sofia is--and now in a big girl bed too. What an amazing experience the year has been--you are all so blessed. Merry Christmas Dybdals!!

P.S. I love that your daughter has such a great sense of humour.

Jenny said...

I remember that fabulous day that you announced your referral! If I remember correctly you were shocked that you had received a referral so quickly!! Happy happy referralversary!

Jenny

Barbara said...

I wasn't blogging back then, so I never saw your post. But it turns out our referrals were only 1 day apart!