Friday, 12 December 2008

My Martha Moment

This morning after watching Sofia cover and uncover her baby doll with a tea towel about a hundred times I thought "I wish she had a cradle so she could rock her baby.  I bet she'd like that".  Well 10 minutes and an empty mandarin box later and she did!  It's not the most esthetically pleasing baby cradle I've ever seen but it rocks and that's what's important.  I'm thinking of covering the outside with paper when I have a spare minute (maybe mid-January!)
Tidoo having a nap. 
While Sofia was napping I busted out the sewing machine and made a mattress, pillow, and blanket for the cradle.  I think that I had more fun playing with it today than she did!  And if that's the case I feel ever better that it cost nothing!

On another note my work is already interfering with my Mummy Duties.  I just signed Sofia up for her first set of swimming lessons and I'm work on the first day!  Sad Mumma but luckily her Papa can step in for me.  Since I have to work one weekend a month I'll miss a few of them.  Grant and I decided before we had kids that I would take them to swimming lessons and he would take them to gymnastics.  Drat hospital work.  

I might have mentioned before that I'm having nightmares about returning to work.  Just simple things like not remembering how to do my job, or xraying the wrong body part, or the wrong person, or crashing the computer system do to my incompetence.  The hospital I work at is a small country one so a lot of my shifts I'm alone.  Not a good time to not remember how to do your job!  I don't get any refresher days so I'm planning on spending any downtime relearning the computer system.  I know that I'll be alright and I'm hoping it's like riding a bike.  I've been doing my job for almost 10 years so I'm sure I'll fall right back into it.  I'm hoping I'll be so focused on remembering that I won't miss Sofia too much!


4 comments:

Danielle said...

This is ghetto-fabulous!! Great creativity! Martha would be proud Alicia!

Mamato2 said...

I am loving the improvisational skills, Mama. As for work, I had HUGE anxiety/nightmares after being off 11 months, and for me, i also meant dealing with about 80 personalities each day. However, it was a smooth transition and my classes were super. I hope your work goes well, too, but in the meantime, I will not be coming for any medical care there, okay? ;)

Lisa said...

So funny! I seem to always have work nightmares! Everytime I'm about to start a movie and it's been awhile, or now even for Usborne stuff! It's crazy!!!

Your crib is SO CUTE! I love the name Tidoo. So so cute. Great job on the baby linen. I'm so jealous.

Barbara said...

You know how to sew? You own a sewing machine? You probably cook too... I just sent a sweater to gramma to have a button sewed on.