Wednesday, 3 December 2008

Cooking

So I've been trying my hand a cooking some Ethiopian food lately.  
This is the super yummy Chickpea Wat that I made last week.  It's super easy to make and really yummy to eat.  Injera is hard for us to get (as in an hour + round trip) and so I served it over rice which worked well.  This dish will be on our Christmas menu this year. 

The other dishes I've made are Atakilt Wat and Shiro.  I will be making the cabbage dish for Christmas dinner with Grants family.  With the shiro leftovers I took a bit of artist license and smothered some chicken breasts in it and baked them in the oven... YUM!  

The links I included are from 3 different sources and I encourage you to explore all of them.  There are some great recipes out there just waiting to be found!  I plan on trying some more from recipezaars Ethiopian section.  The wat recipe was really easy to follow and turned out really well with no tweaking.  (Although I will add a bit less cayenne pepper next time cause it was a bit spicy for us) 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm looks very yummy!! I want to come to your christmas dinners!

Danielle said...

Mmmm!! Looks delish! I wish all of us Mom's could get together some time and just create a huge Ethio feast with all of our favorite dishes!