Friday, 5 December 2008

Humbled

Yesterday was a rough day.  Sofia is teething and her teeth seem to bother her the most at night.  We both lost a lot of sleep but got up at the regular time.  My temper gets short when I'm tired and Sofia get hyper when she's tired... Not a healthy combination.  

When Sofia woke up from her nap I filled her full of lunch and packed her into the stroller for a long dog walk.  Qimik has been sick or sickish for the last week and I've been watching him closely.  Sofia now likes to walk for a portion of our time out so when we got to the park I let her out of the stroller.  She's learning how to stay on the path/trail and she's doing very well.  Qimik walked into the middle of the green space to do his business so I had to follow him.  I got involved in following Qimik from spot to spot but I knew that Sofia was following behind me.  By the time I could turn my attention back to her I saw something that taught me a lesson and put me in my place. 

Sofia had gone into the basket underneath the stroller and gotten a Kleenex out.  She had walked onto the grass to follow me.  Then she bent down and using the Kleenex scooped up some invisible something.  Exactly what I had just done 5 times.  

I'm crying as I type this because she fills my heart.  What a lesson!  What a girl!  Unconditional love is amazing!  I need to remember this for a long time.  They may be little, they may not have many words to communicate with you, they may not always listen to you but they are always watching you.  

4 comments:

Mamato2 said...

So, so true, Mama. What a lovely memory (if dog poo can be lovely :) memory.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh I always love to hear Mumma do, Sofia do too, stories. Makes you realize just how much she understands and takes in. I knew she was one smart cookie!!

Lisa said...

Aw, yes, I have been taught that lesson many many times, and my heart just fills over and breaks at the same time. I love your little story. It makes me want to run upstairs and wake my two girls and hug and hug them!!!! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Awhh. Sofia is so smart and sweet. We so need those moments with our children on the difficult days. Make s it all worth it somehow.
Natasha