Sunday, 14 December 2008

IT SNOWED!

Last night was incredible.  Snow makes me feel like a little kid waiting for Santa!  every 10 minutes I looked outside and got more and more giddy.  It started snowing last evening at about 4 and is still snowing at 7am!  I get to teach my baby girl about SNOW! and we didn't even have to drive 3 hours to find it!  YEAH.  All the 'street parents' and I were having a party last night, and all night we were giggling with anticipation of bundling up with our kids and playing in the snow.  Oh my GOSH!  I'm having trouble restraining myself until daylight to take her outside!!!  

I can hear all you cynics (Danielle) saying "What is she nuts".  NO I'm a transplant.  I grew up in Ontario and spent hours and days rolling in the white stuff.  My parents used to build an skating rink in our backyard every year.  I LOVE WINTER!  If I ever left Victoria it would be to live somewhere there is real winter.  So when winter comes to Victoria for the brief period it does you must celebrate and rejoice because it's fleeting.  And yes, I would be this excited about the first snow of the year even if I lived in Northern Alberta.

I'm off to the storage space to dig out the snow pants and snow boots!  YAHOO Today is a good day!

0945: So I just spent 45 minutes shoveling our driveway while Grant pulled Sofia on her sled up and down the street with Qimik chasing them.  I finished shoveling the drive and then had to do it again cause the snow is coming so fast.  I know this sounds odd for your easterners but it's very exciting here.  Snow is usually a centimeter or two and only lasts until the sun comes up.  This snow is going to be here for days!  Yes even after shoveling for 45 mins I'm still excited and I still love it!  I've got chills just thinking how pretty all the Christmas lights are going to look tonight.  

7 comments:

Diane said...

Lidya also saw her first snow and it was magical. She has not even been sleding yet and she is so excited. The neighbourhood kids were out by 8am and practiced sleding down my neighbours driveway. We will be off to Beacon Hill Park this afternoon. Even in James Bay we have loads of snow.

D.

shaunak said...

We have just gone through our third snowsuit change - they have all come in soaking wet - and I am forcing the kids to stay inside for a little bit. Selamu is LOVING it. OUr road won't be cleared for days, so this will keep them busy for awhile.
We have TONS of snow, about 18 inches and it is still coming down. I'm just waiting for the power to go out. We'll probably all be sleeping in the living room in front of the wood stove tonight.

I love it too. Hope you guys have a great snow day!!

Danielle said...

Glad you guys are enjoying it! I really don't mind the snow - I'd just prefer it in smaller quantities than we tend to get in Ottawa! :-)

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, it was 9 degrees here today and it rained all day. I think you have my weather and I have yours. Enjoy the snow! Nothing is as fun as watching someone experience snow for the first time or the wonder of children in it.

Mamato2 said...

My dear I am IN Ontario and we've had about 1/2 inch of snow and exactly once this season! LOL
I too and hoping from some major white wash! Malía asks every day!

Proudmama said...

I am SOOO Jealous!!!! I hope hope hope that we will get some snow soon. Hope that your family is enjoying it!

Courtney

Dr. McB said...

Where are the pics? :-)