Monday, 30 March 2009

Monday Randomness

I thought this blog could use some 'cute'!  
Milk moustache
Feeding Qimik pretend food.
(dogs aren't so impressed with this)
Reading the Friday flyers with Dada

We are all still on the mend here.  Sofia is back to herself and her cough seems to be mostly gone.  Grant says his cold is gone but he seems really tired.  My cold is still hanging on, I now have a sore throat, but I'm trying to muscle through it.  Grant was a hero through this illness faze and he needs me to be a contributing member again.  Sucky that I'm on afternoons this week which means he's single parenting all week.  I did try to take Friday off so hopefully my boss can find someone to work for me.  The good thing about afternoons is Sofia is in daycare so I can focus on cleaning house.  It depends on how my call goes but if I can get a good nights sleep then this house should look GREAT by the end of the week!  Wish me luck.

Yesterday felt like spring and we took full advantage of it!  Qimik, Sofia & I started the day at our favourite beach.  The tide was fully out and so we were able to walk and walk and walk!  It was great and I'm looking forward to doing this every weekend.  Grant and I have been going to this beach every Sunday for the last couple of years.  It's a Qimik favourite too because even in the summer he can have the freedom to run and explore.  Sofia is a big fan of throwing rocks in the water.  Yesterday she carried a rock for 20 minutes just to throw it in the water, it made a very satisfying splash.  Sofia also likes to turn over shells, grab handfuls of sands, balance on rocks, splash in the water, pick up crabs, etc.  This summer is going to be very very fun!

In the afternoon Sofia and I went to meet Grant downtown.  I had told Sofia that we were going to go in the car to meet Daddy.  Just as we drove into downtown Sofia calls out "Da-eee, where a ooo?"  (daddy where are you?)  Sofia has been cracking me up TONS lately!  
Grant and I took her to the petting zoo.  Sofia loves animals.  We're taking her to the aquarium in Vancouver next week and I'm really excited to see how she likes it.

Once we got home from downtown it was a typical afternoon 'on the block'.  Everyone was outside.  The kids played hockey and rode bikes.  The dogs chased each other around the street.  The husbands played hockey too.  And the Moms stood around and compared belllies!  HAHA, well not all of us just us two that are pregnant.  Sofia has learned to slap her stick on the ground to call for a pass.  It's funny to watch.  She's getting better at shooting the ball in the direction she wants it to go and she got a couple of assists yesterday.  I'm sure she'll be scoring goals by the end of the summer.

Well I suppose my groceries aren't going to shop for themselves... Best get going.  Have a good week everyone.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I love all the pics but especially the one of Grant and Sofia reading the ads. She has come a long way!!
Looking forward to seeing you all and getting hugs and kisses from our Fia

Mamato2 said...

She is looking so cute! Love all th epics