By Sunday Grant was starting to feel better and that's when I got sick. I spent all of Monday and most of Tuesday in bed and and finally am up and around today. Grant was really worried about me and got me to check in with my midwife yesterday. Originally she wasn't too worried but she called me back today and asked me to go see my family doctor for a check up. My family doctor checked me over and said "just a cold virus". Bonus was that I asked her if we could listen to the babies heart beat to put my mind at ease. Does that sound ever get old? I could listen to that little 'whoosh whoosh' for hours.
I really hope that we are all on the mend now. I have taken 3 days off work which is not like me but were incredibly necessary! Sofias nose has started to dry up and her cough is sounding less 'barky'. If we could get her to eat I think she'd be mending faster. We've tried all her favourite foods, she's even turned down cookies and chocolate cake! I know that she'll eat when she's ready. We've been trying not to force food on her but we have been forcing her to drink. We finally got some success with gatorade.
I had a chance to air out the house today. It was 9 outside so I turned off the heat, opened all the windows, and let the house breath for an hour. Hopefully tomorrow is another nice day and I can do it again. I need to get all the reno dust and germs out of here! PRONTO!!
3 comments:
Sorry to hear that you've all been sick, it's not fun. And it changes when you have kids eh- you can't be all wimpy and just stay in bed and think only of yourself... you have to actually do stuff to make sure that the little ones are cared for. It's rough but I'm glad to hear that you're all doing better. Enjoy the sunshine tomorrow!
Courtney
Actually because Sofia was better by the time I got sick I sent her to daycare and TOTALLY sucked up my stay in bed time. I honestly have NO idea what I would have done if I didn't have daycare, I was that sick.
No worries! I hauled 'em to Emergency the first time and it was just the flu. I think the docs see us coming.
Barb
Post a Comment