Pregnancy Rambles
I've been lucky, I haven't had any morning sickness. I'm appreciative of that. I have been getting nauseous in the evenings but I've learned that it's because I don't eat enough and that's how my body reacts to being hungry. I've never been a big eater so I'm having trouble consuming enough food in a day. I feel like all I do is eat and think about what I'm going to eat next. So far I've only gained 3 or 4 pounds although I'm eating twice as much as I usually do. There are no expectations for weight gain in the first trimester so it's all good.
I am having trouble lately driving past fast food joints and not stopping to "fuel" up. It's just that it's too easy and tasty! I've been working evenings and on call this week so I'm spending 2+ hours in my car. It's really hard to eat healthy food while driving 80km/hr. But burgers and fries are no problem.
I'd love to hear any suggestions for healthy on the go snacks.
At 2pm I hit a brick wall, all my energy drains out my toes and pools on the floor around me. All I want to do it lie on the couch and eat. I am so thankful to have a great husband who's been off work for the last 2.5 months. He's been cooking for the family since I can handle right now. Sofia is happy in the evenings to sit on the couch with me and read books. I'm such a lucky girl!
My energy level has been creeping back up. I'm told that second trimester is the 'easiest' and the one in which you feel most like yourself. I'm looking forward to getting my house back in order, oh wait ... the renos! never mind.
Reno Rambles
Grant moved the kitchen island on to the back deck last night. I'll take some pictures later today and try to get them posted this weekend. Our house is pretty small so there's no empty space to put all the furniture and stuff while we prepare the floor. Grant has tarped the back deck and everything will live out there. Please keep your fingers crossed that the weather stays decent for us and that all the rain falls straight down and not sideways!
Sofia Rambles
Sofia has gone to daycare three days this week and she loves it! This morning when I told her I was taking her to DD's she jumped up and down and said YEAH!!! There are 3 other kids there; a girl who's 5 and two boys who are 3 and 2. They all seem to get along very well. Sofia comes home with an art project everyday and they also end the day at a playground provided it's not raining. I'm looking forward to spending the weekend with her. It's odd to not have her home because I'm on afternoons this week and so at home during the day. But in order to keep some consistency for her we decided she needs to go regardless. It has been nice to have some time to myself and a chance to recharge a bit but I sure do miss her. The smile on her face when she sees the other kids and DD is enough though.
4 comments:
Love the rambles!
Being a wedding photographer, I've mastered "on-the-go" snacks!
I LOVE baggies of veggies (sliced peppers, carrots, etc), or even little baggies of nuts and rasisens.
Isagenix (www.nothingtolose.isagenix.com) sells these AMAZING protein bars called IsaLean bars and the yogurt covered oatmeal raisen ones are to die for!
That's great that she loves to go to daycare- it sounds like you have found a good one. :)
Courtney
I love the rambles too! I think it is very common to love Big macs and everything greasy when pregnant! I was the same. Luckily I also craved veggies, so I hoped it balanced out somehow??!! Nuts are a great snack that fill you up. Also figs and dried fruit.
Sounds like Grant is doing tons of work on your house! My husband kept pretty busy too when he was on Pat. leave.
Looking forward to some new pics...
Natasha
OK, I have not been great with keeping up but when your blog changed this is exactly what I figured was going on. Congratualtions!!!!! Enjoy every minute. Believe it or not 9 mos will go FAST!
Barb
Post a Comment