Sunday, 1 June 2008

Who's smarter?

Sofia really likes her bottles which doesn't really bother me but we are trying to work on sippy cups.  This morning I filled her sippy cup up and gave it to her.  She just put it on the ground beside her.  I let a few minutes pass and then picked it up and (again) showed her how it works.  She held on to it by herself and took a couple of sips but then dropped it like it was too heavy.  I went into the other room and peeked at her around the corner.  There she sat drinking from the cup that she held with just one hand and playing her xylophone with the other hand. ... AHA! She can do it.
As soon as I walked back into the room she dropped it again.  She picked up the cup again and tried to drink from the bottom whining and staring at me.  I told her to turn it around, she did but starting sucking on one of the handles again whining  cause she wasn't getting anything and staring at me... I thought "maybe she needs to be shown how again she is only a baby after all" so dutiful Mum that I'm trying to be I held the cup up for her to drink from.  That's when I knew she had me!  The smile that came into her eyes as she was drinking from the sippy cup that I was holding for her told me that she got EXACTLY what she wanted.  To add insult to injury she started playing her xylophone while I held the cup and she drank!

I'll let it slide this time because it got her to drink out of her sippy cup but when she wakes up from her nap boy things are going to be different.... I'm wise to her tricks! 

2 comments:

Danielle said...

LOL! Zia did this at first too. Even though she knows how to do it, she would still prefer I hold it. Not sure if its laziness or the fact that she knows she owns us. LOL!

Dianne said...

that's hilarious! she's going to have you well trained in no time! :)