Friday, 20 June 2008

First Day of Summer

Today I'm celebrating the first day of summer.  I encourage everyone to do the same.  Maybe if all of us celebrate it, summer will decide to come out of hiding.  One can hope!

Oh Mr Sun, Sun Mr Golden Sun
Please shine down on me
Oh Mr Sun, Sun Mr Golden Sun 
Hiding behind the tree
These little children are asking you
To please come out so we can play with you
Oh Mr Sun, Sun Mr Golden Sun
Please shine down on
Please shine down on
Please shine down on me!!

6 comments:

Danielle said...

I sure hope it does come out of hiding! We've had nothing but clouds and rain here since last weekend!

Oh...and you are going to need to post some more Fia pictures soon. PLEASE!!! :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Ok I remember singing the song, but who wrote it. Raffi would be my guess. Dad and I are enjoying the revamped backyard. Not so much the backyard thats had a makeover but the garden. I've been watching too many shows that talk about curb appeal ( I know that's impossible since there aren't any curbs in the backyard but you know what I mean!!!)

shaunak said...

I can say that I, personally, had Raffi sing it to me just one week ago. Well, not to ME exactly, but to many children at the opening of my friend's bookstore...

But did Raffi actually write the song? I know that crazy purple dinosaur used to sing it!

Anonymous said...

Raffi is pre purple dinosaur. We used to sing along a lot to his songs

Dianne said...

sigh! I loved Raffi! I hope my mom still has our old records!

Joshua Giraffe was my favourite... hehe!

Hope you found the sun you were looking for!