Since the very first day that we got her Sofia has displayed her adaptability. It's a good quality in a person but an even better quality in a toddler! We are trying pretty hard despite with our very scheduled Canadian life to keep her guessing and adapting!
The week we spent with her in Ethiopia had her sleeping in some pretty interesting places, on our laps in moving vehicles, museums, & Madelyns crib. The trip home added some new adventures, an airplane seat, the airport floor (we put blankets down first), a crib in the airport (it took us a while to find it), the airplane floor (again with the blankets), and the backpack carrier.
I thought that I'd show you how our girl is coping in Canada. It seems to be her sleeping situation is improving!
All tuckered out after a morning of playing at the ocean.
She feel asleep on our afternoon walk so I decided to let her keep snoozing.
Sleeping in her stroller with Grandpops keeping watch.
Papa rocked her to sleep in the hammock. When he was done his nap moved her to her crib.
Catching some early morning zzz's with Mumma. This was one of our first and hardest nights.
I'm a little scared to jinx us but our Sofia is a good little sleeper. 2 naps during the day and 12 hours at night. When we met her in Ethiopia she was sleeping for a solid 12 hours at night, we had about a week of interruption when we came home but now it seems that we are back on track. She has her naps in her crib in her room and sleeps at night in a playpen in our room. I realized yesterday that her sleeping in our room at night is purely for my benefit, it makes no difference to her where she sleeps. I may start thinking about putting her in her room permanently soon but for right now things are working just fine ...
The only Sofia does better than sleep is eat but those pictures will have to wait until another day.
3 comments:
I love the pics..... especially when she is sleeping with you guys! Our 3 kids have always slept with us for the first 2 years and it is wonderful to wake up to their sweet breath and a pudgy arm across our face! Great to hear she is adapting so well!
natasha
Wow, I'm so envious! I haven't slept for a full night since Emmett joined us on August 14th. It is always much easier to cope with life when you're rested and it looks like Miss Sofia has just always been ready for family life with the Dybdals!
Wow you guys are so lucky, I have a little niece who keeps her parents up all night. I hope I have your luck when we get to that stage of things (-:
Post a Comment