Some days are just not good for me. Some days I'd be better to go back to bed and stay there all day. Although I must admit (I hope Grant agrees) that since we have stopped "trying" and started the adoption process these "funks" have changed from weeks to days. At this point I'm pretty much down to 24 hrs! Yesterday I tried to just keep to myself. I kept hearing my Moms voice in my head "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"
Let me tell you what I think set me off. Yesterday am at 0710 our phone rang. My first thought was cool, "DB did call to wake me up. Mmm, coffee & chatting" My second thought was "Our court date went through!!!!" Sadly it was my boss asking me if I could work... Miserable.
So, since I was awake I got up and made coffee. Then I started thinking ... not a good idea
Thinking + Me = TROUBLE!
I don't want to get into what I was thinking because I want to get out of this funk not drop back down into it. But it was about Sofia, this adoption, and when (if ever) it might end. I worry about my little girl, I worry that she is not getting enough attention, I worry that she is sick and I can't wipe her nose. I worry a LOT.
So to try to get my mind off of her I decided to try to get my serger up & running. I'm having issues with the tension, I now have it isolated to the left needle. (I did manage to fix the other 3 threads.) Anyway, it's beyond what I can do, I have to take it into the shop. No sewing got done because I was too mad to haul out my sewing machine. I decided to pull out the shredder instead to try to cheer myself up. Sadly, it didn't work. I just got more mad because the bag filled up before I got all the shredding done. (really, it was a rough day)
Then I called the agency (IA) to see if anything has progressed. **DO NOT do this if you are already in a funk!** The agency tells me that we should be able to travel in June. I should be happy about this right? Oddly I'm not. I have trust issues and I don't believe our agency, so this information just added fuel to my pity party. I really want to believe that it will be June, that will be 6 months after we met her. It's logical and reasonable to think June. I've just temporarily lost my focus & faith in the process.
But today was a new day. I went to bed early last night. I woke up this morning and told myself that I was NOT allowed to have a repeat day. I'm doing much better.
Tomorrow night we are going to the "Blue Nile" with another couple (Hi SW). It'll be nice to hang out with another young adopting couple. Their dossier has been in Eth since July/07 and they are waiting for a boy under 12 months. YEAH, a playmate for Sofia!!
DB, sorry I blew you off. You don't want to talk to me when I'm like that anyway. I'm on afternoons next week so we will try again then.
SF, sorry I was proof reading this when I realized how many times I used 'funk' with a negative connotation. That's what I've always called it, I guess I'll have to come up with something new... No offense meant. Your house seems to be 'funk-less', everyone always looks so happy!
6 comments:
LOL! No worries. "DB" isn't upset! When you are feeling like chatting and are home from work, I'm around!
Waiting sucks...and I wish I could bring Sofia home with me when we travel! Don't worry though! I'll give her a big fat kiss and tell her that Mommy and Daddy love her so very much!
Oh boy, do I know those days! Hugs to you girly!
I have those days already and we don't have our referral yet! So, you're not alone!!
Rhonda
Girl, you are TOTALLY justified in having a "funk" day every now and then.....that just comes with the territory. I have yet to hear of someone who went through this process and was sunshine and lollipops from start to finish...this is your daughter and you are her mom....it is your job to worry!
Ricki
Hey girl! No worries, I'm used to the "Funk" word being used in ALL sorts of ways... no offense taken... I didn't even think about it until I read the bottom... you are thoughtful :)
As for the worrying... It is totally justifies, so don't be hard on yourself. Looking back over our wait to pick up our twins, I was horrible. At one point I wanted to quit medicine and move to Ethiopia until the visa was issued.
There were days I had a hard time focusing on anything but the fact that I was missing out on my twins lives.
But, the day WILL come where you get to have her in your arms, and this will all be a distant memory. I swore last time that was it, I couldn't handle emotionally another adoption... and here we are almost 3 months in that wait yet again... this time it's really it ;)
Hope the days ahead are better, and you hear news of your court date soon!!!!!!!!!!!
SF
Hey there. Sorry to hear you were in a "funk!" But you sound like you got it all "out!" Good for you.
Ever tried boxing?? It always helps me get out of a funk. And it burns of the chocolate I consumed during the funk.
June will be here in no time and your baby will be in your arms. Stay strong and treat yourself well. You deserve it!
Post a Comment