Thursday, 21 February 2008

Feb 21




Well, I wasn't sure if I was going to mention today or not. Then I remembered that this blog is about Sofia!
Today marks 2 months since Grant &  I first saw those big brown eyes.

We have moved forward in these 2 months. Jan 3 we accepted the referral.  As of Jan 7 we've been waiting for a court date. Last week we sent our immigration paperwork to Ethiopia to be filled out and sent on to Nairobi.

The estimate we were given for a court date was 2-3 months. So, we're 1/2 way to the longest estimate. We're hoping to hear something in the next couple of weeks. 

It's hard for me to believe that it has been two months already! I've been just trying to relax, since there is nothing that I can do anyway. My stress & worry aren't going to bring our little girl home any sooner. (& if I can keep reminding myself of this I might still be sane when we are finally allowed to go and meet her!!)  I've been pretty good for the most part. A few freak outs, a couple of spazzes, lots of restless nights. For some reason between 4 & 6am my brain can't think of anything but her. I toss & turn and have trouble separating reality from dream. Every morning when my alarm goes off I have to remind myself where we are at in the process for real. 
"We are waiting for her court date & immigration medical"

I hope the next 2 months go as quickly as these 2 did.  Thank you all for your good wishes & good vibes. I can't wait to be able to share news of our court date with you. I may even post a picture of Sofia to celebrate!  

2 comments:

Proudmama said...

Looking forward to hearing of your great court date news very soon!!!!
It's too bad that you and Danielle aren't on the same timezone- you guys could be burning up the phone lines with your 4am wakeups! :)

Courtney

emily said...

I hope you get a court date really soon!!! I can't believe 2 months went by so quickly either. It feels like you just got your referral (or at least to me it does!)
Soon she will be officially yours.

take care,
emily