Grant is reading "there's no me without you" beside me. Every few pages he turns to me and say "Wow" It's great. His latest comment was "Wow, Mena was just dropped off. She has 10 kids now." :) I can't wait for him to read another couple of chapters, I wonder what he'll say then!
I thought since some of you are buried in snow I would load some pictures of winter Victoria style. This is the beach down the road from our house. We are there a lot. These are from a couple of weeks ago, Grant was 3 or 4 days post surgery. He was missing the beach & somehow talked me into taking him and Qim for a walk...
My love for the ocean is greater than my love for winter. Plus if we drive 2.5 hours north we can be on the ski hill. (The only one on the island) We are already planning a weekend up there next January. Sofia will see snow on her first winter in Canada!
Luckily February is usually the end of the rainy season. Flowers are already out. This weekend we are going to do flower bed clean out and our grass needs to be cut. It has been sunny for 4 days now. I can hear my golf clubs calling me... I can also hear my assignment calling me. Enough procrastination, I must get some work done.
3 comments:
We just spent the weekend in Tofino and it was sunny and sunny!!! I hate all the grey-ness as well, but I don't think I could take another -40 winter in Northern Alberta.
We are going to Mt. W in two weeks. One last trip as a threesome.
Maybe next winter we could have an Ethiopian reunion at the mountain for the Van Islers...
Oh Alicia! You are sooo lucky to have no snow! I have had enough of it! Victoria looks so beautiful!
I too LOVE the snow and really miss it. I've had enough of the rain and would take a bright sunny, white day over a gray cloudy one any day! Hope that you were able to get your assignment completed! Thinking many good thoughts about your pending court decision- I hope that you hear something very very soon,
Courtney
Post a Comment