Sunday, 3 February 2008

CANKLE!!!

If laughter is the best medicine than Grant is well on the road to recovery!  Grant and I have had the best few days together while he is convalescing.  For those of you who don't know a "cankle" is when a calf runs straight into an ankle.  Grants' lower leg has swollen right up and looks hysterical!  Seriously, yesterday I was trying to put on his sock and I was laughing so hard at his pudgy cankle that I had to take a minute to compose myself!!
This picture I took right after Grant came home from the hospital.  He's checking out the
 hockey pool and talking to my Mom & Dad on the phone.  Notice that Qimik is still lying in the center of Grants' temporary bed.  
While I was being a good wife and rubbing Grant's calf we noticed something really cool.  His lower leg is like floral foam!  It's all squishy and gel-ish, you can mold it!  Needless to say, his calf has kept us VERY entertained!! 













Grant doesn't bruise very easily so only time will tell if our incessant sculpting of his squidgy calf will produce rainbows.  I'm so lucky that my hubby has such a great sense of humor.  We've had more belly laughs in the past week than I can remember.  One time we were laughing so hard we were both crying!!  Thanks for a great week husband! I LOVE YOU!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

LMAO!!! That is both gross and hilarious Alicia! You guys remind me of Nick and I so much!!

Anonymous said...

Poor Grant. Not nice to make fun of a gimp.Laughter is the best medicine
Nice quilt on that temporary bed!!
.

shaunak said...

I broke my ankle a couple of years back and I had the same thing when the cast came off. Didn't know there was a name for it! I have to say that I found it kind of frightening...

Sebrina Wilson said...

Hahahahahaha!!! Too Funny!!!