The church behind our house had the Watoto Childrens Choir perform there last Sunday night. Grant & I couldn't miss out on a chance like that! The choir is from Uganda and they travel the world making monies to support the Watoto Village. Read more here.
It was a nice experience. Very christian. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :) It wasn't what I was expecting, I have since learned that there are two different African Childrens Choirs that will be in Victoria this month. Who knew? The other African Childrens Choir (the one I was expecting to see) is coming at the beginning of March and I want to go to that too.
The kids in Watoto choir were so beautiful. I spent most of the performance trying not to sob out loud. My heart was aching for my little girl... They had one song "African Lullaby" that was heart breakingly beautiful.
"Who will sing my lullaby
Who will hold me when I cry
When I awake and no one's there
Who will sing my lullaby"
I just wanted to go hug them all, take them all home, sing them all "rock-a-by baby".
I asked Grant today if he would consider hiring an escort to bring Sofia home to us. He emphatically said "NO! A big part of this journey is for me to meet the people who have cared for our daughter. An escort is not an option." The only reason I asked was because he starts school in August. I thought it might be easier to use an escort then for him to miss school. Apparently I was mistaken.
Grants going camping tomorrow. Just for one night but he's taking the dog. That means it's just me & the cat tomorrow night. I'm thinking 'take-out'!
No comments:
Post a Comment