Tuesday, 14 April 2009

Vancouver Aquarium

This weekend we met up with Sofias old roommates, Owen & Mady, and visited the Aquarium.
The 3 friends watching the beluga show
The Dybdals
Watching the dolphins
Seeing the belugas underground with Magra and Dadda
Sofia LOVED the fish or "pish" as she calls them.  I was a bit nervous because it's the first time we've ever taken her any where like this but she did amazing.  This kid seems fearless and was pressed right up against the big fish tank within minutes of being through the front door.  She ran from tank to tank talking the whole way!

We had a great time.  I have never had any interest in living in the greater Vancouver area but I am sad that it's so expensive to get there.  It makes things like trips to the aquarium so inaccessible for a young family.  There is an aquarium opening in Sydney (on the Island) this June and after the success of this weekends trip we'll be sure to be going.

More long weekend stories to follow.

4 comments:

shaunak said...

There is an aquarium opening Sydney?! How come I don't know these things?
Our guys loved the aquarium too, although Dexter kept bonking his head on the glass.

Barbara said...

What fun! I can't wait til Makeda's a bit older and we can check stuff like that out.

Sarah said...

We miss you! Come back!!!!
Can you please send me a copy of the kids watching the belugas?

Mamato2 said...

Oh I sooo wish we had something like this nearby!