Sunday, 19 April 2009

Hair

Fresh out of the bath
My first beading attempt.  4 ponies and 2 beaded braids.  
I think I'm hooked! and Sofia LOVES them.

Sofias hair amazes me.  I love that I get to 'play' with it although it hasn't always been like that.  Sofia is becoming more patient and doing her hair is becoming less of a chore and more enjoyable.  Today she was being very good and since I've been wanting to try beading her hair for a couple of months now I saw my oppourtunity.  She loves her beads so hopefully now I'll be able to get her to hold still while I do more.  Her hair is very slippery and so we only keep her styles in for 2 or 3 days, by then it's very frizzy.  Since the styles don't last very long I really don't want to have to spend too much time on them.  The more I can practice though the faster I'll get.  Just even with the 2 I did today I learned a few things and the next ones will be better.  

Now to increase our collection of hair beads!!!

4 comments:

mom said...

Great job on Sofia's hair. She looks so much older. It was good to spend time with the 3 of you

Danielle said...

Beads are SO much fun and look adorable on Sofia! We have been building quite the collection here too. I went to the Fishing section of Wal-Mart and bought one of those large divider containers for fishing tackle (they seem to be the only ones that were big enough!) and that's what we've had to start storing Zia's hair accessories in. Very handy!

HomoHausfrau said...

Cute!

Her hair is so gorgeous and curly in the first picture! Beautiful!

nikki said...

Wow I can't get over the curls! I love the beads. I think your first attempt at beads was a great succeess. Keep those great pictures coming! See who knew you were so good at beng patient too (kidding)!