Thursday, 16 April 2009

11 months

Sofia was carried through our front door for the very first time 11 month ago tonight.  Grant and I have spent some time this week remembering how far we've come... 
Last Thursday while I was doing dishes Sofia got her boots & hat on, grabbed the dogs leash, and came to ask me if we could "Take Qimik walk beach?"  She's getting to be such a big girl, full of ideas and humour.  I feel so lucky that Sofia is able to express herself but sometimes I worry that she is becoming precocious.  I'm glad that she is going to be a big sister at the end of the summer.  It will be so good for her to not be an 'only' any more.  She is going to make and excellent big sister, she loves babies and enjoys helping.

This weekend Sofia learned to open door knobs.  So on Tuesday morning while I was getting our breakfast ready Qimik scratched on the back door saying he wanted in.  I asked Sofia if she could let Qimik in and this is what I heard.  "Hi Qimik.  Qimik outside.  Qimik come inside? Qimik, be patient.... Good boy"  Seriously ... "be patient"!  HA you can guess who she learned that phrase from!  At least she proved that she understands what 'be patient' means.  See why I'm worried about her becoming precocious?

4 comments:

Dr. McB said...

What a perceptive and loving little girl! We love her!

HomoHausfrau said...

That is too cute!

It is definitely nice when they can TELL you what they want... it's surprising what they pick up just by listening/copycatting what you say, heh!

Mamato2 said...

Aw, that's cute. Our knobs cannot be turned by any hands but adult ones, thank God, or I'd find The Beast AND Mal OUTside! :)

nikki said...

I can't wait for the first time Sofia tells mumma to 'be patient'! Wow how far she's come in less than a year.