As I mentioned the ultrasound went smoothly. I don't see my midwife for another 2 weeks so I don't know the details. I did double check with the tech scanning me about the top 2 things I was worried about and she was able to assure me that they didn't seem to be present. Nothing is ever 100% until the baby is born and able to be viewed with naked eye but the reassurance that we couldn't see certain things in the scan was good. Being a medical professional has it's perks and drawbacks. One of the drawbacks being that you can know too much and if your me that means you worry too much. There are a few other things that I am starting to stress over and I will be sure to discuss them with my midwife at our next appointment so they can be addressed. With all these extra crazy hormones floating around in my body I have to be sure not to let things fester. We have chosen to not find out the gender of the baby, we are keeping it 'old school'. Grant will have to be prepared to do some emergent shopping when the baby is born! The thought of all yellow and green right now is too much and I'm trying to not buy anything for the baby. Plus we have no idea how big the baby will be when it's born so no use in spending money on clothes that will be too big or too small.
6 comments:
Hello little nephew/niece! So exciting to "see" you and we are looking forward to your arrival.
Love from Auntie Regina (and Uncle Troy and Ethan and Beckett)
you could throw orange into the mix of colours...
Can you not tell the sex from the ultrasound? I remember Kevin turning away when the tech went near "the zone" because he was worried he would see something (or not). I, of course, could barely distinguish head from bottom.
It's silly some of the things you start to worry about. I was deathly afraid to go anywhere near the kitty litter - strangely, Kevin seemed to have the same fear, but for entirely different reasons, so the cats spent a lot of time outside!
Since we didn't want to know the gender the tech didn't look. Neither Grant nor I know enough about reading ultrasounds to have seen anything unwanted.
And orange is a good option; the first outfit I bought for the baby is orange and brown.
Grant has been incharge of the kitty litter for the last 5 years. Since being pregnant I hold my breath when I walk passed it! lol
Good for you! We didn't want to know either but the complications we experienced pretty much made us find out. Anywhoo, we never told a sole.
When you do decide to shop, don't buy anything smaller than 6 mos. If baby is long you will need the length and you are tall. Besides you will get enough in gifts for the early days when he/she is smaller.
Enjoy!
Aww, hi Sofia's little brother or sister!
So if you aren't finding out the gender I think you need to run a baby pool/guessing game on your blog!
Cute baby :)
Glad all is well!
I agree with Danielle! You should have a guessing game pool!
Post a Comment