To celebrate the first day of summer I decided that we'd take a mid-day trip to the lake. We hiked around to the second beach (aka Dog Beach, since dogs aren't allowed at the main beach) and since there was no one else there I decided to let Sofia wade in the water. She held my fingers and walked all the way along the shore line and back, then walked a bit further into the lake. When Sofia tried to sit down I decided it wouldn't hurt her, the following photo shoot ensued!
Muma, Sofia, and Qimik at Thetis Lake
mmmm baby toes!
The water was so warm.
Blowing raspberries
Splish splash.
At least she's learning to close her eyes when she does this.
Back into the lake.
Yelling to the dog, "Hey Qimik get in here"
Or rather "Aahh da da da daaaa"
Uh-oh...
Oh my!
The only thing better than baby toes is sandy baby toes!
The first time into the water she just splashed around and explored the sand on the bottom. She crawled out and then back in. The second time in the water she decided to taste some of the sand that she found on the bottom. Oddly she didn't think it was as funny as I did!
It was a great way to start the summer and we've had many hot sunny days since then! Sofia is a huge waterbaby and I've learned my lesson to always keep a bathing suit and towel on hand at all times.
3 comments:
I LOVE the last one with her sandy toes!!!!!
Finally some pics!!! I love it! Keep them coming. She looks so at home in the water.'
Natasha
great pictures!
Post a Comment