Tuesday, 5 August 2008

Botanical Beach

This weekend we took a day trip from our camping and went to Botanical Beach.  Click here for some additional information about it.  I first heard about Botanical Beach about 10 years ago and have wanted to go there ever since.  Grant has never been there either but always wanted to.  Needless to say it was a big day for us!  and I had tears in my eyes watching my baby girl explore.   The beach is famous for it's tidal pools and they sure didn't let us down.
Having a snack before the hike down to the beach.
A toque and gumboots on in August, she must be a west coast kid!!!  The west coast of the island is notoriously wet and grey, so it's always colder there.  We were dressed in fleece for the hike but went back to the campground and went swimming in the lake.  Gotta love the coastal life!
Checking out the ocean. 
I had her out of the backpack and let her walk around for a bit.  She enjoyed splashing in the water and picking up rocks and shells.  The ground is tough terrain for an adult to walk on let alone a baby who's only been walking for a month, so we kept her walking to a minimum. 
Papa making Mummas heart skip a beat. He's lucky I trust him!!
Family shot.
I love how happy Sofia and Qimik look!
My handsome husband and beautiful daughter
Qimik the best dog in the world
Sofia wanted to get into the tidal pool, but with anemones like these can you blame her!
Anemones, limpets, kelp, shells, and barnacles.
Watching Papa climb, she was mad he left her behind.
Exhausted! Sofia feel asleep in the backpack on the hike back to the car.

I feel so blessed and lucky to be able to share such cool things with our daughter.  I really love the island that I live on, it is so diverse and there is so much exploring to do.  Click here for information about Vancouver Islands geography and climate.  Now if we could just figure out how to move Ontario closer we'd be set!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure I would LOVE to live where you do...it seems so interesting with so many things to do!! Just sitting over here jealous!! :):)

Danielle said...

Looks like fun! The picture of Sofia in the backpack peeking out from behind Grant is sooo cute!!

Now go eat some Granola....LOL!

Anonymous said...

grandpop sure wishes that he was there for that walk, and he knows that grandma does too. it looks like you all had a great time.

Sebrina Wilson said...

Great pictures!! I LOVE hiking :)

Anonymous said...

I would like to go there. It looks so beautiful and rugged. Grant up the cliff with Sofia on his back and the ever faithful Qimik by his side. Priceless

Anonymous said...

Great pics!!! I love to see parents doing things with their children in nature. nothing makes children happier!
Natasha