Tuesday, 12 August 2008

Telephone Talker

I think we are in trouble!  Sofias favourite thing to do is chat on the phone.  She enjoys it more when there is no one on the other end, I think the voice coming out of it confuses her a bit, but she likes to say Hiya to Grandparents and Aunts and Uncles when they call.  She has a play phone but it holds no interest for her, she'd rather have our home phone or our cell phone.  The phone can keep her occupied for 15 minutes or more.  She has very elaborate conversations with herself chatting, laughing, and monkey screeching.  I think that her days of playing with the phone are over though.  Last night she called my parents twice and left a lovely babbling message on their answering machine! YIKES!!  Somehow she figured out how to use the redial button.  So if you call here and it takes me a long time to answer, it's because I'm trying to remember where I've hidden the phone! 

6 comments:

Dianne said...

Hehe, I bet her grandparents just loved that!

Anonymous said...

Actually Dianne, yes we did. We have the message saved. I have to admit that I have listened to it a couple of times today!!!

Barbara said...

That's pretty clever!

Danielle said...

You know what? Zia loved the phone from the time we brought her home too and I could never figure out her obsession with it. Then Nick said he remembered seeing some cell phones in the cribs with a few of the babies (dead cell phones with the batteries removed and the back of them taped up). Perhaps that is why our girls love the phone!

The Warren Family said...

I love seeing your pictures!

emily said...

So cute and SO very typical of that age.