Thursday, 7 August 2008

Camping at Lizard Lake

This camp trip was 75% really good and 25% really horrible.  Sofia was so happy and had so much fun during the day but she had rough nights.  Or rather just extremely early starts to her days.  It is possible that camping is just SO much fun she can't wait to get started but we are thinking it had more to do with the teeth she is getting.  Sunday morning started at 430 and Monday morning started at 3.  On Monday I had minor success at getting her back to sleep briefly, but Grant and I still decided to break down camp at 6am, were on the road by 7 and Sofia was napping peacefully in her crib by 930.  Great job Daddy!  I don't think we'll be camping again this month but I know there is at least one more camp trip happening this year, hopefully more!
Sofia likes swimming but she doesn't like sun in her eyes!  Here she is floating and waving at Papa.  She's getting kicking down, a few more trips to the lake and she'll be a pro.
Hanging out at the campground with Uncle Dan, one of Grants' oldest friends.  
Dan and Crystals little girl Rori, she's 2.  Rori and Sofia got along really well, next year will be even more fun!
Smooches!
Ever try to get a picture of two toddlers? HA
Another happy ending.

1 comment:

shaunak said...

You know what Sofia needs for swimming? Kidz Banz - they are used for skiing and are like sunglasses, but instead of arms they have a band that your strap around the back of your head. They would be perfect!
Hopefully I will be warm enough for you to swim in the lake when you are here.