Thursday, 23 September 2010

Baby #3







I have been reading infertility blogs for as long as I've been reading adoption blogs, as I was in infertile before I was an adoptive mum. I don't questions the universes decisions and although I don't understand I know that I have been through what I have to make me who I am. I have seen versions of this post done on lots of blogs over the years and always thought it was a neat way to journal the pregnancy. When I got pregnant I was confused (how did it happen? why now?) and I felt a bit guilty too. After all I was an adoptive Mum and not a birth Mum. I was ok with that and I'd moved on. I was already looking forward to and starting to prepare for our second adoption. I was excited to be experiencing pregnancy but I know it's unexpectedness caught me off guard. Although this one too was unexpected I think it caught me a little less of guard. I don't feel any guilt, I'm a Mum first, an adoptive Mum second, and a birth Mum third ... really it doesn't matter because a Mum is a Mum, is a Mum.

How far along: 13 weeks 
Weight: 159lbs (only up 4) 
Sleep: Mostly good but it varies, I've been uncomfortable the last couple of weeks. Maizie has slept through the night 2 times this week but Sofia has been waking up for middle of the night cuddle requests.
Energy: It's starting to increase.  For a few weeks I was scared at how I would cope.  Some afternoons when Grant gets home from work I sleep on the couch while he takes the girls outside to play.
Movement: not so far
Feeling: Mostly really good. Like I said I've been uncomfortable in the pelvic region but it's intermittent. My right SI joint is bothering me but not nearly as bad as it was with Maizie.  I'm also getting really excited for the ultrasound (Nov 4) and starting to try name combinations.
What I miss: Malibu Rum; Grant just bought me my first bottle a week before I found out I was pregnant. Now it sits on the counter taunting me.... 
Food cravings: None so far. It's so bizarre because I'm not even really all that hungry.
Food aversions:  Salmon & cooked vegetables

1 comment:

emily said...

I love this! Great post Alicia. I miss gin and tonic. mmm... and now that it is getting cold I miss how relaxed wine can make you feel.