Yesterday I asked Grant to take the girls out so I could get some sewing done. The first thing I needed to finish was a soft book for Maizies' Birthday. After that I mended one of Maizies shirts and one of mine. The last thing I needed to sew was Sofias hallowe'en costume, she is going to be a cat and I thought I could whip something up quickly. I used one of her shirts as a template and cut out the fabric. I held the pieces together and started sewing .... it was a fabric that I haven't used before and I had to change the foot on my machine to a walking foot, then the bobbin thread ran out .... end result I sewed the arm holes & the neck hole together ... Sofia was SO excited to see that I'd cut her fabric and made her costume it was impossible for me to explain to her it had been a disastrous result so I quickly sewed two ties on it and made a cape! She loves it and wore it most of the day yesterday.
1 comment:
Wow, I am in awe! Who knew Mumma would try such skills. A+ for effort!! Sofia is such a big girl already--she looks so grown up.
Post a Comment