Monday, 13 September 2010

First Day of Preschool!

It is impossible to get a "normal" picture of this busy 3 year old but I wouldn't have it any other way! She has silly smiles or eyes in all of them, such a goofy girl.


Sofia started preschool last Thursday. I was completely resistant to the idea because as a stayathomemom (SAHM) I could see no reason to send my child to someone else for a few hours a week. However Sofia was asking 6+ times a day when I was going back to work so she could go to daycare or if she was 5 yet so she could go to kindergarten. After a couple of months of that I stopped taking it personally and realized that my little girl was needing more socialization that I could give her. So the compromise, Sofia goes to preschool Tues & Thurs from 9-1130.

Sofia got out of the car and ran to the door, she found a hook and hung her stuff up and ran into the classroom. I had to recall her so she could find her hook and take off her sweater! I tried to go over the 'getting to school' routine with her but she was way to excited to listen. Once in the classroom she immediately went to the playdough table, pulled up a chair, and got lost in 'baking cookies and making snowmen'. I hung around for a few minutes checked out the other kids and met all 3 teachers. After about 10 minutes I went over to Sofia (still engrossed in playdough) and asked her if she'd like to play here for the morning. Her response "Yes Mumma and you can go you don't have to stay here. BYE" all with out looking up.

When I went to pick her up she was playing on a swing and was happy to see me. On the way home she told me that I'd left her too long but in the next breath asked when it was going to be Tuesday.

The rain here has started and we'e had more rain than sun for a couple of weeks now. I'm realizing that I'm going to enjoy preschool! The winters here are pretty grey and if winter is starting already ... ew.

2 comments:

Mom said...

you gotta love the smile

Auntie Tracy said...

So adorable!
Also this was the pre-school I attended :) I almost remember it haha