Friday, 5 March 2010

Trouble!

The boys that lived across the road got a dirt bike for Christmas. Sofia was allowed to wear the helmet and sit on it. She was very frustrated that she wasn't allowed to ride it. She even asked if she could just go on the back with one of the boys driving.

Whenever a motorcycle goes passed us when we are in the car Sofia asks if she can go on one. She has even told me that Maizie has told her that she wants to go on one... Ummm ok?! I think we're in trouble! haha.

Years ago I bought myself a scooter and for a while it was Grants and mine sole mode of transportation. At the time we said that when we had kids we'd like them to ride a scooter for the first year that they have their license. Riding a scooter teaches you awareness like being in a car doesn't. You have to be so aware of yourself and all your actions but vigilant of what all the other drivers are doing too. You can't listen to music or worry about answering your cell phone or apply mascara. Now that I have my own kids I still think it' s a good idea, but thank goodness I have a few years before I need to start shopping for a new scooter! I just might change my mind before they turn 16!

1 comment:

Mom said...

You're in for trouble. That is a pretty big smile on Sofia's face. She make one hot biker babe