Monday, 28 September 2009

Week 40 Picture

Grant took this picture just before we headed to the hospital. It was as close to 40 weeks as I got, 39 weeks 6 days. I'm still thankful that our girl decided to show up on time, very nice treat for an impatient mother! I look at this picture today and I don't even remember being that big, or what it was like. Already I know that I would like the opportunity to do it again.
Sofia loves to hold Maizie and asks if she can many times a day. She does well and pats her back and says "you're fine". When Sofia hears Maizie fussing she calls out "it's ok baby I coming". Sofia is becoming such a big girl and wants to try doing everything "by-self". There is something about this picture though that makes her look a bit babyish, I like it!
Our Maizie girl. She regained her birth weight in 4 days and at 7 days was already 5 ounces over that. She and I must be doing a good job with breastfeeding.

8 comments:

The Hattons... said...

Beautiful!

HomoHausfrau said...

Oh my word, that last picture of her is just precious!

Congrats on the bundle of joy! She's a beautiful additon!

Dianne said...

Three such beautiful girls - I love it! I'm glad you are all finding your new normal so well :)

nikki said...

She is so adorable! I am so glad that the breastfeeding is going so well--yeah great gain for Maizie.

natasha salaash said...

Oh she is beautiful!!!! Great to see new pictures. How are you doing? Going from one to 2 is the biggest transition of all I thought. Hope you get some time to take it easy.
Natasha

Sarah said...

love the smile on Sofia's face!

Proudmama said...

She's beautiful Alicia! I love how Sofia is such a good big sister! You're looking great too by the way!

Courtney

Barbara said...

whoops! I'm a little late to the party. Congratulations!