Friday, 11 September 2009

The Fair!

Last Saturday we took Sofia to the Fair. Grant and I have been looking forward to and talk about it since last year. With every new stage she's hit over the passed year we've said "The fair this year is going to be so much fun!" I could hardly sleep all last week imaging how much fun we were going to have. It was more exciting for me than Christmas.

Luckily the Fair and Sofia didn't disappoint. Sofia was so joyful and exuberant. She was thrilled to see all the animals. We have yet to take her on a ride, maybe next year. For us the fair is about the animals and the food!
Feeding the goats. Sofia was the very most excited about seeing the goats. She was talking about them all week. I'm not sure what she loves about goats so much but right now they seem to be her favourite. The squeals, excited hand clapping, and skipping when we entered the barn with the goats had everyone around us smiling!

Sofia also really seemed to like the horses. She asked if she could ride one. I told her that she needed a special helmet and I'm hoping that buys me another year or so. I'm afraid of horses and I was really hoping that my children would be too. In trying to be a good mother though I dutifully get as close as I can to them without starting to cry. I think my Dad needs to move out here so he can take his granddaughter riding!
We have the same picture from last year. Ah, the changes. Next year at the fair we'll have 2 kids!

1 comment:

shaunak said...

Looks like fun! Our amazing Fall Fair is next weekend - maybe you can make it (although, I am sure you are hoping you will be otherwise occupied)! I'll take Sofia for a ride on the teeny-tiny miniature horse they have there, she can even use Molly's helmut :)

You can go listen to Raffi while the horse-riding is going on...