Sunday, 13 September 2009

Becketts 2nd Birthday

Sofias cousin Beckett celebrated his birthday at the local gymnastics club. We got to free play with the equipment for an hour. Grant had a BLAST playing with Sofia and I even got in on some of the action too. Getting out of the foam pit was pretty tricky but very worth it.
Grant jumping over Sofia and into the foam pit.
"I do it by-self"
Neither of us could believe that Sofia was wanting to jump from up so high. At one point Grant flipped her into the pit and she landed upside down. With her feet waving in the air Grant flew in beside her to pull her out, she was crying. Once she calmed down and we could here her words we all started laughing. "No Daddy no. I do it by-self!" Our crazy kid couldn't care less that she landed wrong side up, she was upset because Grant didn't let her jump herself!
Getting some hang time.
One of her favourite activities is hanging from the monkey bars, this was more fun because she could drop into the foam. She was even swinging her legs back and forth to get herself rocking a bit.
Balance beam walking
I think she prefers balancing on logs on the beach but she did try a couple of balance beams.

2 comments:

HomoHausfrau said...

Cute! Looks like she had a blast!

I must say, her choice of outfit is hilariously adorable! A skeleton princess?! Who knew!?!!

shaunak said...

Is Grant practicing his ballet moves in that last photo?

Love Sofia's outfit!!