Sofia is learning in leaps and bounds. Today she climbed into the rocking chair in her room. I had no idea she could do that. She also is testing going downstairs standing up. She's figured out standing sideways helps. Her knee bends are getting deeper, it's gonna happen soon.
I love watching Grant teach Sofia new things. They had a game in which Grant would stand Sofia on her stool in the middle of the room. With Grants help she could get down, without Grants help she would just cry. As soon as Grant would help her down she wanted back up, and back up, and back up, and back up. I should mention that Sofia is a great fake cry-er, she can turn it on and off like a switch tears and all. Sunday when they were playing their game I said, "I should really get some video of this." Well I should of because on Monday she'd figured it out! She can now bend her knees and step off the stool all by herself. Note to self: "Don't put off for tomorrow what can be done today"
The count down is on for me going back to work. Grant is going to stay home for a couple of months and then Sofia will start daycare. I'm torn about going back to work. I want to 'talk' about it but today I must clean!
5 comments:
Mal has that top, in grey :)
It sounds like she is also changing and growing almost too fast for you to record. Sigh. Our babies don't stay that way, do they?
Btw, myneighbour is a nurse and makes it very clear to me that sunscreen should be used with any sun exposure Malía gets, winter time, too. :)
I agree that if you are spending lots of time out in the snow then sunscreen is important for a little one. We don't get enough sun out here to worry about it and the sun we get isn't very bright. On the odd sunny day we all run outside to soak up as much Vitamin D as we can! Since out here we are very lacking in it in the winter ... We don't get snow but the grey cloudy days really wear you down.
Back to work. ugh. i hear ya.
I agree with you Alicia- it's important that the kids get their vitamin D while they can and unfortunately we just don't get the snow out here to call for the sunscreen. Sigh. I wish we did.
Sofia was alot of fun the other day! The pictures of her playing with the masks are so cute!
Courtney
I can't really understand what it's like to struggle with going back to work but i'm here to listen should you want to talk. You have my email, so anytime.
Post a Comment