I've asked Grant to drag the Christmas box up from the crawl space and I've already got our special Christmas picture hung above the fire place! Skipping last Christmas gave me the break I needed to be able to appreciate the season again. (We'll be doing that every few years) It's nice to have the perspective back and the joy of celebration! I'm most excited that my parents are coming this year and my brother is coming too! It will be so great to have my whole family all in one house! Grants family lives in town near us so we will be spending time with them too!
I've been working on teaching Sofia 'Jingle Bells' for a while now but this morning when I put Bings cd on she started singing along to Silent Night. Well the 'ooooh oooh part' at least. Watch out GrandPops and GrandMa you're in for the Christmas of a life time!!!
Yesterday afternoon some friends (with Ethiopian children) and I got together and had a little cooking party. We made doro wat, chickpea wat, shiro, and atakilt (cabbage) wat. Oooh! it was so yummy! The kids all enjoyed themselves and the adults too! My goal is to be able to add an Ethiopian night to our regular meal rotation (yes I'm that boring! I have a meal roation) Although cutting up the vegetables is a bit labour intensive if I use my food processor it will be a snap! Safe to say we'll be enjoying an Ethiopian dish or two with our traditional Christmas dinner this year!
6 comments:
Mal has been soooo excited each time she sees lights up somewhere, so we too will be setting up Christmas early :) Can't wait to see how our kidlettes react this year!
This will be a fun Christmas. I am looking forward to all of Sofia's antics. She can't sing any worse than me. How you and Ben can carry a tune after all the singing (off key for my part) that we used to do is beyond me. Next year we'll have two more family members to celebrate with!
Are we allowed to break Christmas rules with a child in the home? Yay! Hana is now obsessed with Christmas trees and can point to where ours will go come December.
She's also completely obsessed with music and I know that she will be so down with Mele Kalikimaka by our friend Bing.
I will tell her that her friend Sofia is learned Jingle Bells and we'll go from there.
Hooray for Christmas stuff! Looking forward to seeing Sofia next week!
The Ethiopian food sounds yummy! After reading Danielle's blog about her weekly meal, I've been thinking about doing it as well but havent' been adventurous enough yet to start it. Good for you for giving it a go!
Courtney
when i learn to cook something more complicated than tuna noodle casserole, then, and only then, will i attempt ethiopian. it's too cruel of me to bastardize all that yumminess. Here's to about 10 good restaurants in Vancouver...
I hate to be the bearer of bad news my darling.... but I'm afraid that celebrating Christmas will not be optional from this point forward. If you read the fine print in the Mama Contract, you will see that years 1-12 are made a huge deal of with the child and years 13-18 are spent dragging the child with you to events they wish they didn't have to attend.
So- when the kids are off at college.... Todd and I will meet you and Grant somewhere sunny so we can remember the good old days when the kids actually wanted to celebrate with us!
Post a Comment