Monday, 19 May 2008

If you can parent here, you can parent anywhere!

Grant and I said this a lot as we travel around Addis and the surrounding area last week.  The picture above is Sofia getting her mid-morning bottle in a 900 year old stone church (sorry the name escapes me right now)  It was amazing.  The church is underground and hand carved, 200 people still attend services there every Sunday!
Melka Kunture was the site of Sofias afternoon nap.  It was a very neat museum housed in 4 soil/grass houses.  We learned a lot on our trip about Ethiopia and parenting.  If we can change a diaper, feed her noodles, and put her down for a nap all in a moving minibus that's dodging potholes, donkeys, goats, people, and cows while hurtling down the highway at 80km/hour .... we'll be good! 

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I know! We said the same thing. If we can travel around in a hot, stuffy van with a baby strapped to our chest/back while feeding, changing and entertaining them - we can do anything!!

The Turgeon Expansion said...

I think you need a Super-Parent award, good work!!

Dianne said...

I'm glad you didn't wait a week to post :)

You and Grant look like pros!

The Warren Family said...

Congrats guys!! How amazing!!!
I would love to hear maore about the places you went to (i.e if you remember the name of the church). I think I will make a list of must see things for when we go.

You guys look like such a beautiful family together....how exciting!!

Shannon