Saturday, 1 December 2007

Snow & Fred Penner

I know for the vast majority of you snow is an integral part ofwinter.  However here on the west coast we are lucky to have a few flakes here and there.  Usually it is wet sloppy snow but sometimes we get blessed with soft light snow.  This morning we woke up to a blanket of snowy delight!
Grant had a job planned for this morning but couldn't do it due to the snow (Yeah for me!) So we bundled up and took the dogs to the lake.  (we were dog sitting, the extra dog isn't ours)  The lake was wonderful, I could have stayed there all day.  I LOVE SNOW!
But we couldn't spend all day there because Grant had a date with our nephew.  (Can you call it a date when it's two boys?) Grant took our nephew Ethan to see Fred Penner with some of our friends.  
They had a good time although they did have to leave early because Ethan was missing his momma.  However once they got outside the hall Ethan seemed better for Grant stopped by Dairy Queen for a sundae on the way home!  What a nice Uncle/Nephew afternoon!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow! I had no idea that Fred Penner was still singing! He was a favorite of mine as a kid.

shaunak said...

If you want to see some snow...you should come over here, to Salt Spring!
Shauna

Anonymous said...

there's lots here in Ontario too!!