Today was a bit of a reality check for me. A surprise package arrived in the mail. It contained 2 sippy cups, 3 baby bowls w/ lids, stacking bath cup toys, crayons, a Maisy movie, a board book, a toy phone (that speaks English and Spanish), and 2 TY teddies one blue one pink. It was from my cousin in San Diego. It was so thoughtful and unexpected. I, of course, had a mini freak-out. (I'm lucky I was able to talk to my Mom.) For some reason this present made it hit-home with me that at some point there is a baby coming to live here. It's funny because as you all have seen we have the crib and the bedding, we've painted the nursery and even decorated it. It was the sight of sippy cups and plastic bowls that made me realize everything is going to change. I need to make room not just in one room in our house but in our whole house. I need to clear kitchen cupboards and bathroom shelves. There is a baby coming to live with us. For always.
We have been very lucky to receive many wonderful and fun gifts from friends already. Once I'm able to upload some picture I'll show off some of them. Last night a friend gave us her rocking chair. Grant is pretty stoked about it, it's old fashion. I'm going to buy some cool fabric and make cushions. I hope our baby likes to cuddle and rock!
Also today we were contacted with our sponsorship paperwork. Hopefully we'll have some time together on the weekend to go over it, sign it, and then get it in the mail. It's all coming together, the last 24 hours have proven that!
I hope good news for everyone waiting for court dates and medicals/visas. Tomorrow is Friday and in the international adoption scene that's a pretty big deal! Tonight my prayers are with your families.
2 comments:
How great is that!! It's the best when you have good people in your lives that do nice things for you!
Rhonda
How sweet of your cousin!!!
Post a Comment