I'm hoping that in 11 days this picture will be real and not just an image I made on my Mac.... Grant has planned a vacation for us in lieu of Christmas this year. Last year we decided that instead of Christmas & my birthday (also Dec. 25) we would drop Christmas and just have my birthday. It's a zero birthday and we thought that it deserved some celebration!
I haven't had any say in the planning, Grant has done it all by himself. It's been pretty hard for me because in our house I am the planner and Grant is the doer. When I imagine a winter get away this is what comes to mind. I'm hoping to spend a week in a bathing suit, sipping tropical rum drinks in the sand.
This is what Grant has in mind... A week in a snowsuit, sipping hot toddies knee deep in powder! This sounds good too but not this trip.
So far I am enjoying not having the stress of Christmas upon me. There are a lot of things about Christmas that I am missing though. I'm already looking forward to next year!!! We both felt that Christmas has gotten too big and too out of control. We are going to keep note of what we are missing this year and then next year we will cut out all of the things that we didn't miss. Other than one day in a car on a cross-Canada road trip Grant and I have never been out of Canada together. We've only been on a plane together twice both times to London to visit my parents. So this trip is going to be fun! It doesn't seem quite real to me since I don't even know what time of day our flight leaves! All I know is that James & Kristie are taking Qimik, our neighbours are feeding Sativa, we leave on Dec. 22, and it's a direct flight from Victoria.
I'm only going to pack sundresses and bikinis so if we end up somewhere snowy our first stop will have to be the mall!!!
4 comments:
Sounds like fun! I'll be at the Halifax airport waiting for you to swing by and pick me up! ;-) Have a fantastic time and a happy birthday!
So exciting! I hope you have a great trip and a happy birthday : )
emily
Super fun! Have a fantastic time, and have a drink for us sitting in the freezing cold weather!!!
Lucky girl!!!! I am so jealous!! Have a WONDERFUL time!!!!! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Post a Comment